I get asked quite a lot, “Why don’t have you a boyfriend” and I never really know how to answer that question. I mean, I just don’t have a boyfriend. I don’t feel the need to have one, but I figured I’d get into it, dissect it some more, and let y’all understand. Also, maybe someone who ask women why they don’t have boyfriends will understand. Basically, I just want to stop being asked, because seriously it’s annoying. What’s scary is that it’s not even my family is asking, it’s like coworkers, friends, ext. So Let’s get into this.
- I don’t feel like having a boyfriend is necessary for me. Even in high school, I never really felt the need to have a boyfriend. I did have boyfriends, I had three, but I will say that most the time, I didn’t really feel like I needed one, it was just a thing that everyone did. Having a boyfriend isn’t something I want to just be something. If I’m going to be someone’s girlfriend, I want it to mean something.
- I don’t think you need to be with someone to have sex. A lot of people have straight to my face, called me a whore because I say this. This is something that I feel very strongly about, simply because I don’t understand why it is so frowned upon for a woman to have sex with a man, before being in a relationship with them. I will be real honest, more of the guys I’ve slept with, haven’t been my boyfriend. Actually, all of the except one. I’m not saying I’m out there sleeping with a bunch of random guys, but I don’t see why it’s important to be with someone in order to fulfill a need that every human needs. Sex. It’s a thing, and like most people, I like it.
- I have dreams and goals, and they require so much of my time. I’ll be doing a post here soon on my dreams and goals, but basically they are so time-consuming and so important to me, that there isn’t space for some guy to move up on in my life right now. I don’t need the distraction that tends to come along with being in a relationship, I just don’t.
- I don’t need to be someone’s girlfriend in order to open up to them. I am an open book, I will answer any question, and I will confide in someone I just met two weeks ago, the same as I would have a person I’ve known for years. This is another statement I hear a lot after I’ve said that no I don’t have a boyfriend “Well, who do you talk to?” My friends, my family, hell the guy that I’m texting right now probably knows. I’m not a shy person, and if my life is a little hard, I’ll let you know.
- I’m independent and people like to use that. I’ve had my fair share of people use the fact that I support my self to their advantage. Some are intentionally, and some are unintentional. But non the less, I attract those people. I’ve had guys want to date me because they know I have my own place, I’ve had guys want to date me simply because they needed a place to stay. Here’s the thing, I won’t allow it.
- My standards are high. I’m not a snob by any means, but I have standards. I’m not saying you must have graduated college or drive a BMW, but I know what I want, and usually it’s at least to be at the same point in life as I am. I’m not going backwards, I’m growing, and I won’t allow myself to be taken back. I know what I want, and at 22, I’m weeding out the guys who aren’t that still.
- I’m still young. I don’t want to be held back from doing what it is that I want to do. I want to travel, and explore, try new thing, change who I am. I want to be able to be free to be exactly who I am, and learn who I want to become. I’m 22 years old, and at 22, I still don’t feel like I’m sure who I am. I’m young, I have so many years before I get to that place of wanting.
- Lastly, I want something real. I know, “you want something real but you won’t try to be someone’s girlfriend?”. Here me out, I do date guys. I casually date multiple guys, and what it doesn’t work, it doesn’t work. I’m not afraid to say, “okay, that didn’t work.” I don’t want to get all involved in someones life, someones family, and then it not work. I want to get to know that person, really figure out if it’s worth it. And yes, I know, it still may not work out, but I am trying my hardest to avoid all the hardship that comes with breakups.
Leave a comment down below, letting me know your thoughts on this subject! Let me know if you feel the same way or even if you feel differently! And don’t forget to subscribe to my newsletter to be the first to know about new post! Right over in the side bar!
Love, Megan Anne
<3 <3 <3