So you’ve decided to go Vegetarian and you don’t know where to start, well you came to the right post! Okay, seriously. I wanted to give some of y’all some tips on how to go vegetarian because honestly I’ve been asked so many times what advice or tips I would give to people decided to go vegetarian. Today I’ll be sharing with y’all 5 tips on how to go vegetarian and also some links that I believe could be helpful!
- Start Slow – This is one of the biggest problems I’ve heard with others trying to change their diets. They don’t want to take the time to adjust. The thing is, if you are going from eating an average diet, one with meat or animal byproducts, you won’t be able to quit cold turkey. I don’t care if you could quit other things that way, it won’t work. You have eaten these foods your entire life, right? So changing that overnight will only cause you to want it more. It’s kind of like when you start a new diet and you don’t ease yourself into it. Within a few days you’re craving those foods again and usually, you end up eating them again. You have to make these changes in small increments over a period of time.To Read About My Transition To Vegetarianism, Click Here!
Two Years Later: Advice for Going Vegan, Click The Link! (Tumblr/Blog: veganchrys)
- Experiment – This is one that I personally still struggle with. There are things, like mushrooms, that I’m just not interested in trying. But it is something that is so common in vegan and vegetarian foods. I am trying to get the courage to eat them but it’s hard! Let’s say that you don’t like Brussel sprouts, why don’t you try looking up some recipes on Pinterest? Seriously, Pinterest is probably the best things to happen to people looking to try new and different things. They literally have recipes for any and everything, so take a look and see what you can find!A Loving Guide To Going Vegan (Blog: Zen Habits)
Need A Budget Friendly Diet? Click The Link to Find Out How It’s Possible! (Blog: Vegetarian Times)
- Be Open Minded – This could be just about your diet but really you need to be open minded with other people about your diet and understand about their opinion. Not everyone is going to understand what you’re doing or why you’re doing. A lot of people will think that you are dumb, or are trying to kill yourself. In these moments, you don’t need to get upset, you need to be able to stand up for what you believe is right and walk away. You don’t need to shove your diet down anyone else’s throat. You can do that on the internet to people who actually care!How To Be Supportive When Your Kid Goes Veg? Click Link! (Blog: Vegetarian Times)
- Do It For Yourself – This is the second probably I see a lot. People doing this diet because their partners are following it. It isn’t a bad idea in general, obviously because then you can support each other and help each other but, it’s bad when you don’t really want to commit to it. That’s why when I do give anyone advice on going Vegetarian, I make sure to tell them “do this because you want to because you’re ready to do this. Don’t do this because someone else is, because it’s a trend, or because you want to lose weight.” The fact is, if you don’t do this for yourself, more than likely you’ll fall back to old ways faster then you can realize what’s happening.To Check Out Many Post About Vegetarian Lifestyle, Click Here! (Blog: Vegetarian Times)
To Check Out More About Losing Weight On A Vegetarian Diet, Click Here! (Blog: Vegetarian Times)
- Educate Yourself – I probably over-educated myself at the beginning but it was defiantly worth it. There is a ton that you need to know about eating a meatless diet. There is a ton you need to know about sustaining yourself, about the vitamins you’ll be missing and how to get them, about feeling like you could eat a pig even after a “big” meal. All these things (and more) are very important, and things that you defiantly need to know!10 Astonishing Benefits of Dating a Vegetarian! Click The Link! (Blog: Womanitely)
Did any of these tips help you? Did I leave something out? Leave a comment letting me know!
Love, Megan Anne
To follow me on all other social media’s: