There are a lot of things that people think I should apologize for, or that we’ve all been taught that we should apologize for but here’s the things, we don’t have to apologize for really anything. Now, there are things that we should apologize for, little things that are just polite but there are a lot of things that we should NOT apologize for. By the way, I did get this idea from this blog: Twenty Something Meltdown – Things I Won’t Apologize For.
- I won’t apologize for not being your friend or not liking you. I’m the kind of person who either really likes you or really doesn’t like you. I feel like I have pretty good vibes when it comes to people so if you rub me the wrong way I will probably never be able to change those opinions. I know that sounds single-minded or shallow, but I’ve always been this way. I can’t shake feelings, even if someone changes. I can be kind to you, I can be nice or sweet or whatever you want to call it, some would call it “fake”, to your face but I will never be friends with you or hang out with you on my own time. I won’t apologize for that.
- I won’t apologize for being sensitive. I’ve always had very strong feelings for everything and anything. I’ve never had a hard time feeling my feelings and because of it, I have been called “sensitive”. I feel everything and I express everything and anything I feel because truly don’t know what is wrong with that. Growing up in school it was always a weird thing that I would cry at movies or reading books. Boyfriends would think I’m being “hormonal” because something they said really touched my heart or really upset me and my reaction was to cry. My eyes have no limits, they cry regardless of whether I want it to or not. It’s only been since I’ve been an adult that I’ve realized that I don’t have to worry about what someone else thinks about me feeling my emotions.
- I won’t apologize for taking a ton of photos. I just will not apologize for this because these are memories to me. The other day I was driving and saw a really cool place to take a few sunset photos, there wasn’t a shoulder but it was a pretty dead street, so I pulled over and took a few photos. A lot of people probably think that I’m crazy for this but I enjoy this. When I’m with friends or family, I enjoy taking photos, I’ll take photos at the most random moments. A lot of people get annoyed because I’ll stop to take a photo, but I find it fun and also, it’s like a memory.
- I won’t apologize for drinking. I didn’t drink in high school, I didn’t really drink much till I was 21 and I will not apologize for drinking and enjoy myself. I will not apologize for wanting to have a drink when I go out or bring drinks to a party. I spent so long not enjoying it, that now I really don’t care what anyone has to say. I honestly think I’m a lot of fun when I drink and if you don’t think so, then… well your loss!
- I won’t apologize for talking to your dog before you. I grew up with a dog and I love dogs because of it. I love playing with dogs, talking to dogs, just dogs in general! So, let’s just say if you have a really cute dog, that likes to cuddle up with me, I’m sorry but you may be long forgotten! Like, I’m being dead serious right now, I will probably have tunnel vision if a dog or even dogs are anywhere near me!