Hey everyone, just wanted to say hi and let you know that this is the first guest post in December’s series which is over the topic of mindfulness. Make sure you leave a comment for the writer and let her know what by think!
Well hello to you my reader chums! The season of Christmas and all things festive is amongst us, a time for giving back. In the society we live in today, I think a lot of us forget what the spirit of Christmas is all about, not the expensive presents but the gift of love and kindness to those around us. With this post, I’m going to share my top 5 ways to spread that festive cheer this Christmas.
- Telling your loved ones how much they mean to you – We all have a group of people around us, whether its family, friends or both, there’s someone that means the world to you. At any time of year, there’s nothing more important than saying how much you love them. In the festive period, however, it becomes that little bit more meaningful. This could be through a quirky Christmas card, handmade gift or even a written letter, to show that you’re thinking of them.
- Give to those in need – Not everyone is as fortunate in the festive period to be able to buy presents for their family so if you’re able to give that little bit extra do just that. Whether it’s donating food to soup kitchens, giving toys/books for children to have as presents or offering your time to help out with all these things, it’ll mean everything to those in need.
- Spreading positivity – A little bit of happiness can go a long way. Whoever you’re around at Christmas time, offer an ear to listen if they’re having a downtime and spread a positive message. Even though Christmas is a happy time, it can be stressful for many – so a happy smile and cheery words from you will always help them out. You can easily send a quick text, tweet out a message to your followers or simply ring up one of your close pals.
- Phone up someone who needs it – There are billions of people in this world, however many can still be lonely especially over the holidays. Charities like Age UK offer a service where you can buddy up with an older person and provide a bit of company over the phone. If you have a spare moment this Christmas, have a think about offering your time in this sort of way and research into it. One small act of kindness can make anyone’s day.
- Arrange a Christmas get together – The best thing about Christmas is spending time with family and friends, to celebrate the year just gone by. And what better way to do that then getting everyone together for a party? This could be anything from a festive sleepover, a day out at the Christmas markets or arranging a fancy dinner with your girlfriends. There are endless possibilities for a festive fun day with your close ones. You could make handmade decorations, enjoy a baking day together and go ice skating or have a Christmas shopping afternoon. As a time for spreading the love, do what you enjoy this festive season. Experience the laughter, drink and eat till your heart’s content and enjoy everything Christmas has in store.
I hope you enjoyed this post! How would you spread festive cheer this Christmas season?
Thank you for reading <3