Disclaimer: This post does contain affiliate links.
As many of us know, the changing seasons can be really harsh on our skin. With the air getting colder and crisper, most of us tend to get dry skin or irritated skin, and the worst part is, it truly seems like nothing we do is actually working. I know personally, my skin gets super weird at the changing of seasons, especially from Summer to Fall, well till about Winter, and then I get it under control and the weather changes again, but that’s the benefit of living in a state that is forever changing.
- Moisturize your skin. This is probably the most important thing to make sure you are doing. I know personally, my hands get incredibly dry if I don’t constantly put lotion on, seriously. If it gets below like 60 degrees here, I have to wear gloves because my hands are so sensitive. But your face is even more sensitive. So make sure you are moisturizing your skin, whether you are putting lotions, creams, or even using a face wash that has moisturizing built in, it is so important! One of my favorite face washes is this Aveeno Gentle Cleansing Moisturizing Bar, this is very simple and if you have a routine, I would defiantly think about adding this to this one. This face wash is an all natural, no fragrance, face wash and I love it.
- Drink enough water. Okay I know, I know this isn’t exactly “skin care” tip, but this goes along with moisturizing your skin to some extent. Drinking enough water is one way that you will be able to help your skin from drying out, but it won’t prevent it from happening. Your skin is going through a lot and you have to enough water in your body in order for your skin to not dry out as much.
- Take shorter showers. This is one that most people wouldn’t think because how does your shower affect your skin? Well, guess what, between the actual water and steam, you are going to be stripping your body of the essential oils that your body naturally creates. Now, this could really be a year-round thing, but it is best to take shorter showers and the water only be luke-warm. Now, if you take a hot shower every now and then, not the end of the world.
- Wear a good chapstick. This is one of those things I’m sure Becca will talk about, but I’ve heard that when you wear lipsticks often, your lips tend to get dried out. So wearing a good chapstick that really moisturizes is key to keeping those lips to be kissable! My favorite is Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Moisturizing Lip Balm, Mango.
- Get a good lotion that can be used on your whole body. I know those Bath and Body Works smell amazing and they will get the job done but they really aren’t the best for moisturizing your skin. Will they work? Yes. Will be they stay for a long time? No, not in my experience. My favorite type of lotion is actually Aveeno Baby Daily Moisture Lotion, it is seriously my favorite type. Between being fragrance-free and also being so smooth, it’s amazing.
Those are the 5 skin care tips I have for y’all today! Go ahead and head over to Becca’s blog to learn some new make-up tips or the fall!
What do you do differently in Fall? Do you change up your skincare routine?
Love, Megan Anne
Check out my latest video: