If you have yet to watch this show on Netflix, one, what are you doing with your life? And two, stop reading this post and go and watching it, when you’re done, come back!
Okay, so now that we’ve got that out of the way, I want to talk about some of the questions I have. There are a lot of them, so I will actually be doing some of these things in a YouTube video! These questions are going to be about Jessica, Bryce, and Justin.
Let’s start with Jessica:
- What will Jessica do now that it had been confirmed that Bryce raped her? This is a serious accusation and a very hard situation. Especially considering one of the witnesses is dead and the other was out of his mind drunk, so drunk that he couldn’t even stop his “friend”. In the last episode, we saw her start to tell her dad what had happened, of course, we don’t actually see her say it or his reaction, so we’re left to wonder. That leads us to the next question.
- Will Jessica ever be able to heal from this? Will speaking to her dad really help or make things worse? We know that her dad is a Military man, so he is super straight-laced, and having had let this go for so long, I believe, there would be no real solid evidence left. Will Jessica be the next one to try and commit suicide? Can she really ever move forward if Bryce does not get any kind of legal action taken against him?
- Will she go through and press charges with the police? Clay gives her the choice on what she wants to do. Whether she wants to go to the cops or let it be. At the time, she chooses to let it be. But we see the growth and pain she goes through when she finally decides to let this be real. So will she take Clay up on his offer and go to the cops? Will he dad force her hand? That could be why she told her father in the first place. We will have to wait and see.
Now to talk about Bryce:
- What is Bryce willing to do to keep this information from getting out? Byrce shows a lot of signs of being the type of guy who has the power to make things go away, at any cost. His family is rich, filthy rich, so it’s not a shock that he is made to seem so in power and control of everything. We learned that he not only raped Jessica but also Hannah. What lengths is he willing to go to, to make this not exist?
- If it cannot be made to go away, will he deny it? Like I talked about early, there isn’t a liable eye witness, with Hannah being dead and Justin having been drunk. They’ve waited so long since then, that the body proof would no longer be there. So really it’s his word against a drunk or a dead girl. I guess you could argue that Jessica knows the truth but unfortunately, she was passed out. So really, she doesn’t know what happened. On the other hand, two other things could happen, which leads up to the last question(s).
- Will he turn himself in and will he actually go to jail? I’ve seen a lot of people say that maybe Bryce will do the right thing, own up to what he did and take the punishment for it. I personally do not believe that this is what will happen. He just doesn’t give off the good guy vibe or even the sorry vibe. I could have seen that before we found out about Hannah’s rape and Clay confronting him, but after I can not even begin to believe that he is capable of sorrow. But, he could do the right thing, but I doubt it.
Last, but certainly not least, let’s talk about Justin:
- Where did Justin go and will he be coming back? We are left with more questions than answers when it comes to Justin. While yes, most of us hated this character for most of the season, you cannot tell me that you didn’t slightly start to love his character. He packed a bag, a gun (which is coming), and just left. As far as we know, he does not have many options as far as where to go. So we are almost lead to believe that this is not a permanent thing. I will say that I personally think he’ll be back, but I have seen many people say that it was the last we will see of him. There is the infamous picture of the ambulance were it is very clear that the hair is not Blonde (because we are made to believe it’s Alex) but is brown like Justin’s. I actually don’t believe this theory but I’ll be discussing this later.
- Why did he grab the gun? Will he try to commit suicide? The fact that he grabbed the gun was very abnormal. He admits to Jessica that he almost jumped off a bridge that night before because he couldn’t live with himself but didn’t because of her. Jessica then gives him a big fuck you and tells him that she never wants to see him again. Then we see him tell Bryce he probably won’t be seeing him around. Now, this could be taken two-way and again I’ll be discussing this later.
- Did he shoot Alex? A lot of people are talking about the fact that Tyler may have actually tried to kill Alex, even though we are lead to believe that it was a suicide attempt. BUT I have yet to see anyone talk about the fact that Justin also had access to a gun on the same night! We know that he was not in the right mindset and that he was jealous of Jessica and Alex’s prior relationship. I have my doubts, but for some reason, I can’t seem to not believe it. What if Justin was so jealous, in the wrong mindset, and decided that maybe without him in the picture, Jessica would be able to be with him? Obviously, there is the whole Bryce thing but to someone not in the right mindset, they may do anything.
What will Jessica do?
Will Bryce own up to what he did?
Did Justin actually shoot Alex?
Leave a comment and let me know what you think!
Tweet me using #Celebrate23 to talk about these post!
Love, Megan Anne